Dear seniors (!!),
I write to clarify exactly what you need to do in order to finish your degree.
There are FIVE MAIN REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST FULFILL TO EARN THE DEGREE:
- You must have satisfied the requirements for at least one major. In order to determine where you stand in relation to your major, you must work with your advisor to fill out your major certification form, which is available in your WesPortal in the “Academics” bucket.
- You must have earned 32.00 credits. The 32.00 course credits can be impacted by oversubscription, which usually means taking more than 16.00 credits in any one subject, bringing in more than 2.00 pre-matriculation credits or taking more than 1.00 full credit of PHED courses, for example. I’ve reached out to students who have oversubscribed or in danger of doing so, but it’s important for you to be aware of these regulations.
- You must have earned 16.00 credits at Wesleyan.
- You must have earned a cumulative grade point average of at least 74.00.
- You must have a certain number of semesters in residence. If you entered Wesleyan in your first semester, you must have at least six semesters in residence. If you entered Wesleyan as a sophomore, you must have at least five semesters in residence. If you entered Wesleyan as a junior, you must have at least four semesters in residence. We will count semesters in which you were enrolled full-time at Wesleyan but were studying remotely due to COVID as semesters in residence.
For all but the major requirement, your absolute best resource for tracking where you stand with these requirements is your CREDIT ANALYSIS REPORT (also found in your WesPortal “Academics” bucket). It will tell you where you stand with everything but your major(s), which is what your major certification form will do. Please pay very close attention to your TOTAL USEABLE GRADUATION CREDITS, as this is made up of the credits you’ve earned and you are enrolled in, minus any oversubscription.
While I will do my absolute best to track where you stand in relation to the degree, please know that this is your responsibility as well.
We must work together to make sure that you’re able to meet these requirements successfully.
Please look over these resources and if you have any questions, please be in touch.
I hope you’ve had a great start to your senior year thus far.