Wes 101: Organization
Dear class of 2023,
I hope you’re doing well and washing your hands! The flu is really rampant this year, so take of yourselves and each other!
-Tomorrow at 5:00 is the last day to withdraw from third-quarter courses.
-Tomorrow at noon is the deadline to receive a Financial Aid award for Summer Session before registration opens.
Registration for Summer Session opens next Fri, March 6, and students who would like an award letter before registration opens should complete the seven-question form by noon tomorrow. The next review will be noon on April 15. More information is available here.
Check out the Wes Summer 2020 courses.
- Apply to be an Orientation Leader or be part of one of the Orientation programs; the deadline to apply is March 27:
- Apply for the Honor Board or Community Standards Board; the deadline to apply is March 7:
- If you’re thinking about pursuing an internship this summer and would like to get credit for it, learn more about the process here.
- If you’re thinking about taking a course at another institution this summer, please be sure to get the pre-approval of the relevant department chair based on the course content.
Finally, I wanted to provide you with 5 Steps to Organization; it’s a stressful time of the year, so staying organized will help. I do not live in a glass house on this (and if I did, you’d see how disorganized I really am!), but these are good strategies to keep in mind:
You might have a number of assessments/assignments due next week, so make sure that you’re:
- Planning out your time wisely.
- Breaking down big assignments into smaller, manageable chunks
- Making study guides for tests/using flash cards and/or quizlets. Try to predict the questions.
- Studying in groups so that you can help/quiz each other.
- Taking time out to decompress and practicing self-care.
Just be in touch if you need me,
Jennifer Wood (she, her, hers)
Dean for the Class of 2023
203 North College, 237 High Street
Middletown, CT 06459
M 2-3, T 3-4, W 4-6, Th 11-12, F 2-4
— You are currently subscribed to fr_oncamp as: email@example.com To unsubscribe send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org