Wesleyan Election 2020 Initiative (E2020)
The Wesleyan Election 2020 Initiative (E2020) was created with the goal of encouraging and supporting thoughtful participation of students, faculty, and staff in the public sphere during the 2020 election cycle. The E2020 Fund will award Wesleyan students grants to support work on political campaigns, voter registration efforts, and issues advocacy at the local, state, or national level—across the political spectrum.
All ideas are welcome, though we will prioritize applications that seek support for:
• Work to take place during winter, spring, summer, or fall break.
• Organizing groups of students for impact in areas in which local or national elections and issues are more contested.
• Complete the E2020 Initiative Fund Application found at http://bit.ly/WesE2020. Let us know where and how you plan to engage.
• Provide an estimated budget for your project, including travel, supplies, and/or lost wages for students on financial aid who will miss paid work for this opportunity.
• Upon completion of your project, submit a report accounting for expenses, along with a work verification sheet signed by a campaign manager or supervisor.
• All grantees will be expected to submit a public report for Wesleyan’s ENGAGE blog, which should include photos or other media and a reflection on the experience.
While not required, there will be opportunities to share your stories with University Communications and participate in on-campus sharing sessions. You may also be invited to speak on panels regarding civic engagement, and /or participate in relevant Allbritton Center events.
• For Winter Break support: Friday, December 13, 2019
• For Spring Break support: Friday, February 7, 2020
Application deadlines for Summer and Fall Breaks will be announced in the coming months.
For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/WesE2020. Please email email@example.com with questions about the application process, or for assistance in connecting with campaigns or local advocacy groups.