College of Social Studies
Application Information for First-Year Students, Class of 2023
Application Link: The CSS Application for the Class of 2023 is available on the CSS website at https://www.wesleyan.edu/css/applying/application.html, beginning 2:00 p.m. onTuesday, February 4th, through 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 11th.
· CSS Application Deadline: 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 11th
- Interviews with CSS Tutors and Students: Before Spring Break
- Any Questions? — Send an email to Martha Crebbin at email@example.com
The College of Social Studies (CSS) is a rigorous, multidisciplinary major focusing on History, Government, Political and Social Theory, and Economics. Founded in 1959, the CSS is reading and writing intensive, encouraging intellectual independence with weekly essays, small group Tutorials, and a vibrant intellectual environment.
CSS Student Learning Goals
- Critical Thinking
- Creative Thinking
- Markedly improved reading skills
- Ability to write an argumentative, high-quality academic paper
- Expertise in participation, debate, and discussion, in a respectful manner, in the classroom
- Learning how to work with professors in order to improve written work
- Ease in conversation—about academic subjects and current events—in informal settings as well